It's a Holiday Weekend and I love to make a fun brunch for guests!!
This is a good one and it's good for you!! WIN WIN!!
Post Below and I will make sure you get the Recipe!!
Blueberry French Toast Casserole!
The house smells amazing !!
(Makes about 12 servings)
- 6 cups cubed, whole grain bread
- 8 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, almond milk, honey, extracts and cinnamon. Whisk well.
- Oil a baking dish (about 9 x 13), and fill it with the bread.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes, mixing once or twice to be sure all parts of the bread are moistened.
- Mix in the blueberries.
- Bake the casserole at 350 F. for about 45 minutes or until there is no longer any liquid between the bread.
- Allow to cool a bit and serve.