We just got back from Florida and It's funny when you travel with friends and even friends kids request meals from you!! lol!!
For me this is normal because I LOVE TO COOK!!
It really makes me happy to make a meal that makes others happy so even on vacation I am the easy gourmet chef!!
This is easy for a Beach House or Lake House and Every house comes with a Grill!! Perfect Right!
|Low Carb Dinner |
Caprese Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Fresh and tasty balsamic marinated grilled chicken topped with melted fresh mozzarella, ripe tomato and plenty of basil!
I served this with a low carb side of grilled zucchini with parmesan flakes!!
|Caprese Salad Chicken|
5 minutes Marinate Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella ball,sliced
- 1 ripe field tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
Note: It's best to marinate the chicken overnight but you can do it for less time or even skip it and rely on the balsamic reduction for the balsamic flavor, just give the chicken a little pound to release the fibers! I also add the stems from the basil around the marinating chicken... nose to tail!! Why waste it!! :)
2. Grill the chicken in medium-high heat until cooked and slightly charred, about 2-4 minutes per side before topping with the mozzarella and tomato and letting it heat until it just starts to melt.
Note: You can grill the chicken on a barbecue, in a grill pan or regular pan on the stove or broil in the oven.
3. Serve topped with the basil and balsamic reduction.
TIP:I make this ahead of time and add a little EVOO, Sea Salt and Balsamic Reduction to the cheese, tomato and basil before I fire up the grill!!
TIP: To make a balsamic reduction, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by 1/2.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 283, Fat 10g (Saturated 4.1g, Trans 0), Carbs 1.1g (Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 51g
I hope your family enjoys this one as much as we did!!
If you try it tell me about it below!!