Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Chili Spiced Chicken Salad

With this Recovery from my ACL surgery my focus has been on FOOD!! Can You tell! :) 
I am setting up new meal plans and making an effort to put clean foods only in my mouth!! 
I love the New Hammer and Chisel meal plan! Ir falls in line with the 21 Day fix but higher in protein! 
I can't wait to tackle this workout!! 
But in the meantime I baby step toward my goals and focus on the food and sharing that here with you since that is what I do best!! 
Chili Spiced Chicken Salad, Sara Stakeley, Hammer and Chisel



CHILI SPICED CHICKEN SALAD

Ingredients: 
3 Tbsp. low-fat (1%) Greek Yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. ground chili powder
1 tsp. raw honey
3 cups chopped grilled chicken breast, 
    boneless,skinless
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
8 large Boston (or Bibb) lettuce leaves
2 cups fresh baby spinach


Directions:
1.Combine yogurt,lime juice,chili powder, and honey in a small bowl;
wish to blend.Set aside; this will be your 
dressing.

2.Combine chicken,onion,pumpkin seeds,and dressing;toss gently to blend.

3.Top four serving plates each with two lettuce leaves. Top evenly with spinach and chicken salad; serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings( about 1/2 cups each)
Total time 15 min
Prep time 15 min
Cooking time none

Containers: 1 red
                     1 green
                     1 Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment