Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Plan And Prep, Crock pot Stuffed Green Peppers and Cauliflower Mashed

Setting up today with my prep for my Crock pot Challenge!! 
5 Days of Crock pot cooking and NO you won't lose your Hubby!! LOL!!

It takes me about an hour to set up my meal plan for the week, cut up veggies for dinner and snacks, and make my "fillers" and sides or complex carbs!!
For Example: Tomorrow we will be making stuffed peppers in the Crock pot so today I will cook my brown rice 2 cups so I have a side for my wraps on Tuesday as well, cut up my onion and add it to my raw ground beef.
I have even gone as far to cut the tops off the peppers ( I save the tops for my hummus snack or for your buffalo chicken wraps Tuesday.) stuff the peppers and have them ready to go for the next morning!! 
I multitask and try to eliminate time wasted and food waste!!



So for the week you will need to prep:
2 Cups Brown Rice or More for sides
Cauliflower mashed potatoes if using as a side
Brown Rice pasta (Cooks Fast so I wait till day of)
Salad Veggies if serving with meal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hard Boiled eggs for snacks
Cut up Pineapple for snacks
Wash and portion out my spinach for breakfast
Make 21 day Fix dressing for my salads for the week
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Defrost:
2 Pounds Ground Beef
3 large skinless bone in chicken Breast halves
3 Bone in skinless chicken thighs
1 + 1/4 pounds boneless skinless organic chicken breasts

Day 1 we will be having Stuffed Peppers!! 
This is my favorite Go TO Crock pot recipe! I love stuffed peppers and honestly I have never had them in the oven! My Mom made them this way too!! 
I am currently following the 21 Day fix meal plan since I can't workout with my knee injury.
I can only stand for 15 min so the crock pot and I have become close friends!!


Stuffed Green Peppers in the Crock Pot 
Serving 1 pepper 
21 Day Fix containers used 1 red, 1 1/2 Green, 1 Purple, 1 Yellow 
Serve with a side salad or Cauliflower Mashed potatoes recipe below. 
What you will need:

  • 4 green peppers
  • 1 cup brown rice
  • 1 pound ground lean beef or Turkey
  • 1 large box Pacific Natural Foods Tomato Soup
  • 1 onion chopped
How to make it: 

Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the core and seeds.


Take the raw ground beef and mix it with the chopped onion and cooked rice. 

Add salt and pepper to taste to the inside of the hollowed out pepper as well as the meat mixture. 

Stuff Peppers, place in the crock pot open end up, cover with tomato soup. 


Cook on low 7 hours or High 3 hours. Easy!!

Cauliflower mash 

Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • 1 large cauliflower, chopped into florets
  • 1 tbsp butter (optional) 
  • 1/4 cup almond milk or more if you like it creamy 
  • 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
  • salt & pepper
Instructions
  1. Chop the head of cauliflower into small florets.
  2. Place cauliflower in a large pot and fill with just enough water to cover the florets.
  3. Bring the water to boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Steam until tender, about 6 minutes.
  4. Drain the cauliflower well.
  5. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl, and puree with potato masher or immersion (stick) blender.
  6. Mix in remaining ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.

For More Recipes like this check out my Recipes tab!! Click HERE.

For accountability and support with healthy eating, meal plans and in home workouts Message Me for help or click the tab above TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment