Monday, November 23, 2015

Post Surgery IBS, Constipation, and how Shakeology Could Help

I had my surgery last Thursday on my knee and went home with a bag full of meds!! Normally I have no issues with the "GO" and light and fluffy is the way to be, but I also know that if you are on pain medication and have limited movement that you have to be careful not to put a wrench in the mix!! I drink shakeology daily and even add in the fiber boost to get in the recommended 20 mg a day as women. This is the healthiest and easiest meal of my day.
Day after surgery. Swollen and on this machine 22 hours a day. 
Well it had been 2 days since I had a bowel movement yesterday and I didn't want to wait too long to go so I added in a little prune juice to my cup and drank it down... Well last night the go was not so easy as it always has been and it got me thinking!!
 If I had to deal with this all the time I would go nuts!! POOP shouldn't be hard and/or dry and hard to pass! It should just slide out into the kiddie pool!! LOL! 
Poop is not the most pleasant subject to discuss but it is so important and I pride myself on being truthful! 
When cramps, bloating, abdominal pain, gas, diarrhea and constipation wreak havoc with your lifestyle, it’s definitely time to do something about it. Going to your doctor and getting a diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) isn’t the end of the world. Most of the time, you will be advised to alter your diet and take medications to manage the symptoms.
But, that’s not really fixing the problem. It’s just learning to live with and masking the symptoms.IBS
What if I told you that you might find relief by drinking a simple nutrient dense shake daily? That would be crazy, right? After your doctor has told you that you will have to drastically change the way you eat, de-stress your life and take daily medications, how is it possible that one daily shake might provide relief?
Probiotics!
Yes, you’ve probably heard this term several times before. You may even be eating yogurt to incorporate probiotics into your diet right now. Probiotics create healthy bacteria that will aid the digestion and elimination processes.
But, the problem with many probiotics is that they are wasted. They are destroyed by stomach acid before they even get to your intestines, where the problems arise. They can’t bypass your stomach, unless they are encapsulated, which most are not.
There is one strain of probiotics that can do some good. Bacillus Coagulans is the only strain that can pass all the way through the digestive process, survive your stomach acids and reach your intestines where they can be effective.
Coincidentally, Shakeology contains Bacillus Coagulans! (Those scientists really knew what they were doing when they formulated this stuff!) In addition to all of the other wonderful ingredients that make up Shakeology, this probiotic is included and may help to rectify problems associated with IBS and other digestion issues.
While none of the benefits of Shakeology are guaranteed to work on everyone, there are many users who have experienced extremely positive results by drinking a daily shake.
Lindsey, for example, says that: “I used to take Zantac 150s like they were candy! I had major issues with (shhhh!) constipation my whole life. I have been on Shakeology for a year now, and I’ll NEVER stop drinking it! It’s better than any supplement on the market.”
Lindsay, with an “a”, says that: “Since I was a child, I’ve had terrible issues. As a kid, I would cramp and cry, not knowing what was wrong. Now, looking back, I know it was IBS and it was not normal! After 13 months of drinking Shakeology, I’ve had NO ISSUES…unless I do not drink it. Like a vitamin, I drink it DAILY!”
Missy said: “Eliminating gluten and dairy from my diet helped me a lot! Adding Shakeology to my routine stopped all of my symptoms completely…It will clean you out at first, which can mimic some IBS symptoms, but after that you can enjoy complete relief!”

And, Dessi reports: “I have battled IBS since my late 20s. Eating 30g of fiber a day did not help; special diets did not help; eliminating dairy did not help. Taking pills did not make a difference. They were masking one symptom and causing another. Shakeology, though, did the trick. I found relief.”
If you suffer from IBS, it’s essential to consider how to reverse the problem, instead of just masking it. Will Shakeology work for you? It’s something that you won’t know until you try it. It might work wonders and provide you with a symptom-free lifestyle. If it doesn’t work, Beachbody has a bottom-of-the-bag guarantee that provides you with your money back, no questions asked.
If it doesn’t help your IBS, it’s not going to hurt you, either. It’s nutrient dense and will help provide you with the vitamins you need daily, give you energy and reduce your cravings for junk food (which could help your IBS symptoms, too!).


I know my day without the go was enough for me to seek out help. I hope that if you struggle with this daily this post helps you.
If you are interested in learning more about shakeology message me Click here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment