Friday, November 6, 2015

Crock pot Oatmeal with Pears and Walnuts

Creamy, hearty and easy to make, this slow-cooker oatmeal is comfort food at it's most delicious. YUM!!
So I have a torn meniscus and my ACL is gone.... I can only stand for 15 min so I have become a CROCK POT MASTER!! LOL!! 

With this NEW injury I thought I could really help others like me or just busy chefs trying to eat clean!! 
So the idea for this week was born so I am excited to have you here! 

I have run accountability groups for 4 years as a beachbody coach and my focus is always the food!! That 80/20 rule..... eating clean has changed my health so 
I hope that I can teach you a thing or two over the week!! 


Crock pot Oatmeal with Pears and Walnuts 

SHOP FOR IT: 
2-1/2 cups organic unsweetened Almond milk ( No Cow's in our PCOS home)
1-1/2 cups plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
1 cup water
1/3 cup organic 100% Natural maple syrup
1-1/4 cups steel-cut oats
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup raisins
3 Tbsp. flax seed
2 pears
1 cup chopped Walnuts, toasted (throw them in the oven to toast on a pan)

MAKE IT: (8 servings 1 Cup each)
> Coat the Crock with coconut oil so the oats don't stick! Whisk first 4 ingredients in slow cooker until blended. Add all remaining ingredients except pears and nuts; mix well. Cover with lid.

> Cook on LOW 3-1/2 to 4 hours, stirring after 2 hours.
>Chop pears. Stir into oatmeal. Serve topped with nuts.
(And yes, the pears and walnuts are added at the end!)
This was a perfect treat this morning since the sun has cleared and the rain has come here in Pittsburgh!
I am taking LAST CALL on my Free Crock pot Group!! Learn recipes like this and 5 Dinner Recipes to make healthy eating easy for your work week!!
I will post the link to join here on Facebook!! 
smile emoticon Happy Friday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment