Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Stuffed Hot Peppers!!

So I LOVE HOT stuffed SPICY peppers!! And Fall is the perfect time to get peppers in PA!! I got 50 peppers from the farmers market for $2 bucks!! I love a veggie bucket sale!! 
So I decided to make it the classic way with ground pork but changed up the fillers and added in a little veg! 
My Husband said he needed a cigarette after eating them!! He is not a smoker but likes to use this term when he thinks my food is like or as good as sex!! Whatever!! LOL! I will take any praise when I change something without him knowing!! ;) 

So every once and awhile I selflessly make something for Brian that I myself do not eat, but normally I just clean it up and trick him!! 

Eat Clean Stuffed Banana Peppers

Ingredients:
  • Banana Peppers
  • 1 1/2 lbs bulk hot Italian sausage ~ I used whole foods since it is all natural and less greasy!
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs~ I made my own with ground up whole grain stale bread and italian seasoning!!
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 small diced onion
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • salt and pepper
  • Shredded mozzarella to top after sauce (optional but yummy)
  • 1 jar Organic Garden Veggie pasta sauce ~ Whole Foods

Step 1: Combine sausage with egg, breadcrumbs, minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Your best bet is to get in there with your hands to mix it all up.
Step 2: Cut the tops off of your banana peppers (I used 12). Pull out the ribs and seeds from the inside. Carefully use a butter knife to clean out anything that got stuck.


Step 3: Carefully stuff the peppers with the sausage mixture. You want to pack it in tightly, but you don't want to break the pepper. Lay the peppers on a baking sheet that has been set up with a small wire rack. This will allow any grease from the sausage to drip off as it cooks. Bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes. 
Any leftover sausage filling (I had about 7 peppers worth left) can be frozen for use in a future batch. Or just roll it into ball like a BIG Meatball and bake it! :)
Step 4: Remove the peppers from the oven and line them up in a glass casserole dish. Cover with desired amount of marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes.

For more Recipes like this CLICK HERE!! 

I run private accountability groups to help you achieve your goals.  Please contact me here through a message! 

No comments:

Post a Comment