Why you should eat snacks? You should aim to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and 5-6 times a day. Each meal should be around 200 to 300 calories depending on your weight loss goals and body composition! But you are not gorging yourself 6 times a day you are controlling your portions and the quality of food that you eat!!!
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ 1/2 cup blueberries or other berries and a drizzle of agave nectar for sweetness.
- 1 apple and 14 raw unsalted almonds
- 2 cups of celery and 1-2 tbsp all natural peanut butter (the only ingredient should be peanuts)
- 2 plain unsalted brown rice cakes with 1-2 tbsp all natural peanut butter.
- 1 cup of carrots and cucumbers and 1-2 tbsp hummus
- Protein Shake- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 12-14 oz water, frozen fruit.
- 5 egg whites with salsa and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
- 1 whole grain tortilla with 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter and 1 banana sliced, create a roll up.
- 1 bag of edamame
- 2 cups sugar snap peas and 1-2 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup strawberries and a handful of raw unsalted cashews
- I have a whole list of snack ideas include protein bars, meatloaf muffins, and smoothies on my eat clean recipes tab!!
- 20 grapes and 1 low fat cheese stick
I hope you find something to satisfy your hunger and fuel your body for optimum weight loss and performance!!