Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thank you



I would like to personally say Thank you to all of our family and friends for the support, love, sympathy cards and messages we have received with the passing of my father in law.

Brian and I have been feeling like we have hit a wall and spent most of the weekend resting and spending time together. It is amazing how you can run on simply adrenaline for three months.

I had lunch with my Mother, Aunt and Grandmother on Friday and it occurred to me after eating and being barely able to keep my eyes open that I think that was the first normal meal I had eaten in a long time.

I decided then and there that everything can wait... sure I have a ton of laundry, a messy house, heck I even have christmas decorations that still need put away!! But I put down my to do list and and focused on what I needed most, Rest. 

Brian is doing ok and it is still hard for him to talk about everything that happened. I continue to let him know that I am here for him and at times he opens up. 

My Mother in Law is still in a care center receiving therapy for her leg. We have a Dr's appointment for her on thursday and hopefully she will be cleared to apply weight to her broken leg and return home with a care nurse. 

To us our New Year started out very differently than we expected, honestly I have no idea where the time went. Our focus was on family and being there in their time of need. I wouldn't change a thing and I feel good in knowing that we made every effort to be apart of my father in laws last days. 


Each day is a gift and through everything I have learned to cherish the moments in life, the simple things that happen each day that can go unnoticed in our busy lives. 

I have learned to give yourself to others but to find a balance as well. You can not give your best self unless you take care of you too. 

It's OK to give yourself a break sometimes. Rest is just as important to the success of our health and life!

~ Sara Stakeley 





No comments:

Post a Comment