It's Friday and during Lent I like to get a little creative with fish!! I have to admit that all of the Fried Fish signs EVERYWHERE can be very tempting for me. Wings and Fried Fish are my weakness!! However I would rather eat a meal that doesn't send me to the bathroom. Good on the way down and not on the way out "if you know what I mean" .... ok TMI!!
I love this salsa over any white fish or even salmon. It is also a perfect topping for grilled chicken!
I will serve this with a side of quinoa or brown rice and a veg to complete this meal!
(Makes 2 servings, 1 fillet each)
• ¼ cup water
• 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
• Sea salt and ground black pepper
• 2 (8 oz. each) raw cod fillets
(or any white fish fillets, like halibut)
• Mango Salsa (see following recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine water, oil, and lemon juice in an
ovenproof dish or casserole with a cover; mix
well. Place cod in mixture and turn to coat all
sides; season with salt and pepper if desired.
3. Bake cod, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes,
basting at least once with juices.
4. Top cod with Mango Salsa and serve.
(Makes 2 servings, ¼ cup each)
• ½ medium mango, peeled, diced
• 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
• ¼ medium tomato, chopped
• 1 tsp. finely chopped jalapeño
• 1 fresh cilantro sprig, chopped
1. Combine mango, onion, tomato, jalapeño, and
cilantro in a medium bowl; mix well.
2. Serve with fish above or chicken.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING, INCLUDING
Calories: 286 / Total Fat: 9 g / Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 97 mg / Sodium: 259 mg / Carbohydrate: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g / Sugar: 8 g / Protein: 41 g