Saturday, February 7, 2015

Healthy ZUPPA Toscana!


I have been on the hunt for a NEW Soup Recipe! 
I love Zuppa Toscana but I thought for sure I would NEVER be able to have it again with the heavy cream and milk used in the recipe.... 
Well I found this!!! YAY!! 


Kale soup, Eat clean soup, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, recipes, Eat clean dinner,


Ingredients
1 lb. chicken or turkey sausage (mild or spicy, based on preference)
1 large onion diced
1 T. minced garlic
8 cups organic chicken broth
4 medium red potatoes, cubed
1 can coconut milk
1 bunch kale

Instructions
Brown sausage in large saucepan.
Add chopped onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken broth.
Add cubed potatoes to saucepan. (No need to peel.)
Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer until potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, wash kale and remove thick stem. Tear into bite-size pieces.
Add coconut milk and warm through, but do not allow to boil.
Stir the kale into soup just prior to serving.
Notes
If you like it extra spicy, add 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes.


**** I might try browning the meat and adding this to the crock pot on low 6 to 7 hours next time too!! I will add the coconut milk and kale about an hour before serving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment