Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Goat Cheese with Pistachios and Cranberries


So here we are the day before Christmas Eve!! 
Now I consider myself pretty lucky that I have a family that will NOT turn their nose up to healthy holiday eating.   
Sure we have holiday food traditions and even baked goods, but we always try to have options as well. 
Now I love to cook and this year I am headed to my Dad's for Christmas eve and my Mothers for Christmas day! 
Being in charge of the appetizers can be easy with a veggie tray or hummus, but I wanted to make something that was festive and YOU all know I love cheese! 
Goat Cheese is considered "clean" and if I watch my portions and make sure the crackers are clean this can be a really EASY and fun Holiday Appetizer!

Goat Cheese with Pistachios and cranberries
Holiday Appetizer 
  
2  Tablespoons roasted pistachios, chopped
2  Tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
1 8- to 10- ounce log fresh goat cheese
Clean Crackers (whole foods) or bread, for serving
On a large plate, combine the pistachios and cranberries.
Roll the goat cheese in the fruit-and-nut mixture to coat. 
Serve with the clean crackers or bread.
Serves 8.
*TIP > You can make this up to two days before you serve it!! So I can make this today and it will be perfect for the next two days!! I got my goat cheese from Costco's and it is packaged with two nice size logs for the best price that I found! 

I lucked out this year and didn't have to make the meal!! But here is a great option if you are making  a salad!!
I love to keep with the red and green theme..... I guess!! 
  

How to have a healthy holiday, Appetizers, Christmas appetizer, Christmas Salad, easy recipe, Clean eating, Sarastakeley.com,
Strawberry Spinach Salad 
 
This salad is festive with it's red and green color and very tasty!! It is one of my family favorites!!


Strawberry Spinach salad Ingredients:
1/2 cup all natural poppy seed dressing 
2 tbs. toasted almonds
2 tbs. of minced onion
2 bunches of spinach, washed, dried, and torn in pieces
2-3 cups of strawberries, sliced with stems removed
OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup of slivered almonds, crunchy chow mein noodles, or feta.



Happy Holidays to you and your family!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment