This year for thanksgiving we are each bringing a side. I made this carrot souffle last year for christmas and it was a big hit! So I decided to make it again instead of sweet potatoes!
It's very light and fluffy and honestly....
No one even knew it was Carrots!!
Healthy Carrot Soufflé
2 1/2 pounds of peeled, cut carrots1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs and 1 egg white, beaten
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 tablespoons wheat flour
(3 tablespoons white flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam carrots until tender, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Place carrots in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Combine yogurt, eggs, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into the carrots.
- Pulse in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt to the mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray or butter.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until set and firm.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- *Since I am following the 21 Day fix this holiday I will count this veggie as a yellow cup when portioning it out!
- Happy Healthy Holidays!!