Making a list and checking it twice!! Here is my vegetable side I will be taking this year for Thanksgiving to my Mom's. I made these green beans for a family dinner and they were such a hit I was printing off the recipe for everyone to go home with! Crazy Right! But it is amazing how adding a few herbs and some garlic can transform green beans from plain to amazing!!
Throw out your green bean casserole recipe and try this!
|Garlicky Green Beans|
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove.
- Add half the green beans to the boiling water and cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer the beans with a slotted spoon to the ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining beans. Place a kitchen towel on a baking sheet and use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans from the ice water; blot dry with another towel.
- Just before serving, heat oil in a large Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the green beans and stir. Add parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2 and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Happy Healthy Holiday!!