I am the QUEEN of To Do lists, but last week I was reminded of how important it is to keep track of all you accomplish in a day and most importantly what you are thankful for!
For 1 week so far I have written out what I have done and what I am thankful for!
In my life, in my marriage,and in that day.
When you change your focus and give thanks for what you already have it opens you up to receive more blessings.
What will your blessings be for today?
I challenge you to write them down too!
Focus on what gives you the highest happiness in your day!!
- Don’t just go through the motions. Researchers suggests that journaling is more effective if you first make the conscious decision to become happier and more grateful. Motivation to become happier plays a role in the efficacy of journaling!!
- Go for depth over breadth. Elaborating in detail about a particular thing for which you're grateful carries more benefits than a superficial list of many things.
- Get personal. Focusing on people to whom you are grateful has more of an impact than focusing on things for which you are grateful.
- Try subtraction, not just addition. One effective way of stimulating gratitude is to reflect on what your life would be like without certain blessings, rather than just tallying up all those good things.
- Savor surprises. Try to record events that were unexpected or surprising, as these tend to elicit stronger levels of gratitude.
It’s easy to get numb to the regular sources of goodness in our lives.