Salads are a year-round dish at my house. I usually will have a tossed salad with my meal. But sometimes, I just want a lighter, yet nutritious entree for lunch or dinner, and a salad made with meat is a perfect option.
One of my favorites is this strawberry chicken salad recipe. I make it with slices of rotisserie chicken or baked chicken breast over a bed of baby spring mix salad greens. Sliced strawberries and sliced almonds add a sweetness and crunchiness to the salad that is enhanced with a drizzle of Basil olive oil and strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. This salad is so easy to make and delicious with just the right amount of crispness and tartness to satisfy.
|Strawberry Chicken Salad|
- 3 cups baby spring mix salad greens
- 2 rotisserie or baked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Basil olive oil and Strawberry balsamic vinegar
- Place salad greens into large bowl.
- Slice chicken breast and place over salad greens.
- Slice strawberries and sprinkle with sliced almonds over the chicken and salad greens.
- Drizzle with EVOO and Vinegar