|Eating out guide for clean eating!|
If you are like me when I first started to eat clean I feared going out to eat!!
I had a hard time with portion control for one and I worried what others might think especially the server about my lengthy order!!
Well almost 3 years into it now, I go out to eat at least once a week and I follow a few guidelines that I keep in mind so I don't ruin a good week on the weekends. I tend to save my cheats for alcoholic beverage!!
I know terrible!!
But hey I am being honest and I like a beer or a glass of wine with my meal.
I eat healthy, skip desert and drink my calories! I always have 1 water for every drink. I find that this makes you drink less and at times you are dehydrated and just thirsty!
Well I guess that could be tip #8!!
See you are already learning and we didn't even get to the good part!! LOL!!
At 34 1/2 I don't over drink and I hate to wake up feeling sluggish in the am so I make sure to have a limit!!
If you are headed out this weekend, plan for your meal ahead of time!! I always review the menu online before so I already have a game plan of what I want and how to order it.
I even sometimes bring my own salad oils and vinegars from enchanted olive if I know I won't have a better option!!
|Basil Olive oil|
I love Basil olive oil and strawberry vinegar on a salad!! YUM!!
Hey I worked for 13 years in the restaurant industry and I know if you are nice about how you want something you get it!!
I always tell the server I am on a restricted diet for my health if I am changing the menu!!
So her are my tips!! Hope this helps!!
- Skip the pre-meal starch. Many restaurants like to get you started with a basket of bread or a bowl of corn chips. You don’t need them! If the temptation is too much, politely ask your server to remove the starches before you find yourself digging in.
- Order veggies, salad, or fruit for your side. These options are a much healthier alternative to the usual fried or breaded sides that automatically come with your entrée and just as delicious!
- Choose grilled or steamed—never fried. Fried foods—especially when breaded—are low in nutrients and packed with unhealthy, oxidized fat.
- Ask for sauces and dressings on the side. This makes it much easier for you to control how much you consume and if you can—avoid cream-based sauces entirely.
- Use portion control—this is the tricky one because restaurants typically give more than a single serving of food as one entrée. For protein, eat roughly the size of your palm. For mixed foods like lasagna or a burrito, as for a take-away box with your order and immediately put half of your entrée away to take home.
- Don’t plan to make up for it later. Wellness is about much more than “calories in/calories out.” Don’t plan to overindulge with the hope that a smaller meal later or an extra workout will help. It won’t.
- Be forgiving with yourself. Even with these tips in mind, you still might not be able to resist Taco Tuesday. That’s okay! We all slip sometimes—just remember to forgive yourself and try a little bit harder next time.
So there you have it: 7 easy tips to help you stay focused on your goal of health!!
If you want more help with changing your lifestyle click here to message me!
|Clean eating FREE Challenge!|
I am setting up a Dinner Diva FREE Challenge in a closed Facebook Group!HURRY!! Starts On the 18th!!
Learn from me how I plan and prep for my week at home and more tips for going out!!
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.