Friday, May 23, 2014

Holiday Weekend and the start of Summer!! Motivation and Holiday food guide!

As we head into this Holiday weekend I wanted to share with you a few tips and what's going on right now and for the month of June!! 

memorial day, Parties, appetizers, salads, make ahead of time, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Free support, eat to lose weight, lose weight, eat clean, Shakeology dip, Shakeology Nutella, PCOS,
Pay it forward



The perks of having me as your coach is that I am able to help you in anyway I can to get the best results from the products you have purchased or might already have!! 

Do you own P90X, Insanity, or maybe Turbofire?? 
We have so many products for in home fitness too many to name!!
Do you replace a meal a day with Shakeology? 
Have you tried it and just fell off the wagon!!  
Do you have a coach?
If you answered YES to the first questions and NO to the second!! 
I can help you!! 




With that being said I would like to invite you to join me in a closed private Facebook page I have created for accountability and daily support!! It is a free group, and I check in daily to add value, motivation, and meal ideas!! 

It becomes like a family and it is great to surround yourself with like minded people!! 
If you already have a Facebook account it is easy!! Just request to join!! 
Apply here > https://stakeley.wufoo.com/forms/committed-to-getting-fit-online-support-group/

If you would like more info on this or would like to add me as a friend send me a message be it Facebook here > http://myfacebook.com/SBStakeley 


Now we are headed into a Holiday WEEKEND!! And that can be good if planned for or BAD if not!! So today I am cooking to plan and prep for the weekend!! 
I have a party on Saturday and SUNDAY!! 
I was asked to bring a dessert for the one party and I am not sure if you follow me here or not but I feel as if this was a set up!! LOL!! 
I am not a WHITE SUGAR lover so I will bring fruit!! HA HA!! 

Fruit Kabob
Fruit is Fun as a Kabob!

Kabobs to be exact!! 
And a Clean DIP!! 
Fruit is my Candy!! And this might help others to share my passion!! 


Shakeology Nutella
21 day fix approved Shakeology "Nutella"




Chocolate Shakeology "Nutella" Fruit Dip

1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup unsalted almonds
1/2 cup honey
1 cup dried plums (prunes)
1 tsp. vanilla
Salt to taste
Fruit Kabobs or sliced!!

In a blender, blend almonds and honey until well mixed. Then, while blending on a low setting, add the dried plums (prunes) one at a time into the mixture. While the blender is still going, slowly add the scoop of Shakeology, then the vanilla and salt. Blend as well as possible until mixture appears thick and creamy. 
I tried this in the Magic Bullet NO GO!! You will need the food processor!! 
Trust ME!! 
Serve chilled with fruit 
Makes 10 servings. 
About 1/3 cup each.


Every ingredient included has a low GI level. Very delicious, and full of antioxidant, nutrient rich super-foods. Great chocolate dip for fruit!!
SOOOOO GOOD on Strawberries!! I can't wait for Sunday to cut up and try the pineapple with it!! 

Don't have Shakeology yet?? Here is a excellent Fruit dip!! 


Fruit Dip


Cinnamon Almond Fruit Dip

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese (recipe here)
  • 2 tbsp almond butter
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp raw honey
  • 1 tsp low fat milk
  • Fruit of your choice, cut into bite size pieces
Preparation:
  1. Place all of the ingredients except the fruit in a food processor and process until smooth. If the dip is a little too thick add another teaspoon of milk.
  2. Serve with fruit and dip in!
Makes about 1 cup.

NEXT!!! I have a party on Saturday and I will work at the Spa so I will make this today and send Brian with the goods!! I will meet him after work but this salad is always better the next day anyways!! 
TIP: I will wait and cut up the tomatoes and fresh basil and parsley tomorrow so they don't lose color! 
memorial day, Parties, appetizers, salads, make ahead of time, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Free support, eat to lose weight, lose weight, eat clean, Shakeology dip, Shakeology Nutella, PCOS,
My favorite Summertime Salad

Tomato, Basil and Green Onion Quinoa Salad with Fresh Lemon Dressing

3 cups cooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups quartered grape tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped parsley, preferably flat leaf
1/2 cup chiffonade (thinly slivered) fresh basil leaves
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon honey
pinch of kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper



Combine the quinoa, tomatoes, green onion, parsley and basil in a medium bowl until well mixed. In a small bowl combine the juice and zest of the lemon, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper and whisk to emulsify. Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and stir gently to combine. Allow the flavors to blend for about 30 minutes. Serve!!

Quinoa is packed full of protein and can replace a greasy burger or hot dog anyday!! 

NOW My Favorite PART>>>>>>


Cocktails!! 

Sarastakeley.com
Paleo Paloma

Skinny of course!! 

Last weekend, I discovered my new favorite drink that did not give me the drunk munchies or a hangover. It’s the Paleo Paloma! 
Most bars I've been to do not know what this is so simply ask the bartender for clear tequila with soda, splash of grapefruit juice and extra limes. The real NorCal doesn't have any grapefruit juice. They may squeeze the limes for you, but otherwise, you can just do it yourself. It’s easy. 
I ordered  Don Julio  but feel free to order what you like. Also can be good with vodka!! 
I had more than I will admit publicly on this blog. Tequila is one of the few liquors that is not made from a starch or grain. It is made from the Agave plant (which is probably why I've  always liked it so much). Combined with the lime and grapefruit, it does not cause your blood sugar to spike which causes the late night pizza cravings or Primanti Brothers here in PA and tastes refreshingly good.

Well I want to wish you a Happy Start to the Summer!! I hope that you have a great Holiday weekend and maybe I have inspired you to stick to your guns and see that you can cook healthy and be happy too!! 


Don't forget to apply for more daily tips and trick like this from me!! 
Why do it alone!! I can help :) 





HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment