Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Beach wedding!! My Little Sister got married!!

My little Sister is married!!
wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,
Sister's Wedding 

We had a awesome time in the Isle of Palms in SC. We drove and rented a BIG Rig Wrecker of a Yukon!! We needed the space for our things and the wedding stuff we had to bring. I spent the week at home just adding can't live without food items to my box... You never know what you can and can't find in another state!! And you all know that food is VERY important to me!!

wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,
Road Trip Cooler

I took my infused olive oils and vinegars, my Braggs, my sangria mix, Shakeology and a bunch of seasonings I can't live without!! The area was great and had many clean eating choices to chose from, but with a big family in one house it can save you time and money to cook at home!! 
I made my quinoa salad for the road and for the house. We packed for the road and only had to make 1 stop before reaching my Sisters house in Charlotte. Pretty good considering how much water I drink!! 
When Jerri and I made the trip a few weeks before I made note of the best rest areas to stop. We where able to get the Pens game over my app for I heart radio as we went through the hills of WV and this nail biter helped to make the trip a faster one!! 
I packed sparkling water and coconut creamer since this was not on the road!! I love Starbucks but come on!! Get with the times!! Soy Milk is so 2010!!!  

We arrived late on Monday night and sat around for a bit before we went to bed to start the day fresh in the AM headed to the beach!! We left my Sisters house around noon and drove the 3 hours to the beach. We arrived at check in time and headed for our beach retreat!! My Mom booked the house and it was AWESOME 908 Carolina Blvd is a perfect house for a BIG family!! Many rooms and a big kitchen. It had a Hot Tub and a salt water pool. All landscaped and perfect for dogs to run without a leash since it was all fenced in!!


wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,


We unpacked and decided to get pizza for dinner... Now we have a gluten allergy in the family as well as a vegetarian!! Plus we all Eat Clean!! So Google to the rescue!! I googled clean gluten free pizza and up popped Mellow Mushroom!! The price is a little high but this Pizza with wheat crust and organic sauce and veggies was worth it!! Plus Chris my brother in law said the gluten free was good too!!
wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,
Brian got a growler too, he collects them on our travels!! LOL 

wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,
Uncle Brian



It was so much fun to be with family under 1 roof!! My Sister Kris lives in Columbus and my Brother is here in Pittsburgh but he works crazy hours so we see him at Holidays and family dinners. It was nice to be able to spend the week with them all. 

we can't have kids I like to SPOIL my Niece and Nephew and I love to give them things that are fun and crazy!! Just like me!! 

wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,
Traveling Disco Ball













We got a LIFE size Hulk to blow up for Nephew in the pool and he his mouth dropped when it blew up!! 
Tons of fun stuff mustaches and spray guns!! 

What fun is it to not have fun!! We even brought the Disco Ball!! 

The weather was cloudy the first few days with rain but this allowed us to do some serious shopping for food and last minute wedding things!! 
Our menu was easy 
Tuesday > Pizza Night 
Wednesday > Burgers Kale Salad and
Thursday > Crock pot Ziti and Salad 
Friday > Rehearsal Dinner AMAZING FOOD truck!! With a salsa that I dream about the Bob Marley!! 
Saturday > Wedding 
Sunday > BBQ Chicken and Broccoli
wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,


Monday > All you can eat Crab Legs on the water!! We even saw Dolphin's jump in the bay! 
wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,
Bling!! Bling!! 

Last night out with the happy couple!! 
My new Brother In Law Owen!! 
<---------------------------------------- div="">


Or "O" as we like to call him!! 

   










OK enough about the house and the food!! 

How about the WEDDING!! 

Now for some reason my phone decided to go BLACK the screen and it wouldn't except a charge on the wedding day!! 

ARGH but I was able to find a few photo's to show you the Big day!! 




Starting with the rehearsal dinner!! 

We had a practice session in the park with dinner at Owen's parents beach house! What a family they are all really awesome and I enjoyed meeting Owen's sisters from NYC for the first time!! 
wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,




wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation, wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,

We had someone come and do our hair for the wedding at the house and I did Angie's makeup with forever makeup and my naked eye palette 
Really every dress she tried on was amazing but writing this now I couldn't even look at her on the wedding day for fear I would burst into tears!! Isn't she beautiful!! 
wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,
My Sister the Bride!! 
The ceremony was in the park and it was so personally done by Owen's uncle with a blessing by the holiest women I know my mother over the rings!! I loved it! 

They finished with vowels to say I Do and a jump over the broom!! 
It was a beautiful day for a wedding!! 

Jump the Broom!! 


We took a ton of great photo's with Sam the man!! He was a great photographer!! 
Soon to come but here are some sneak peaks! 


wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,

My Family Brides Side! 

The wedding reception was filled with great food and Awesome Dance moves!! I think I counted 2 tables not dancing!! We had a really awesome time!! 
It is really hard to put the whole 10 days down to this blog!! It was a awesome time!! 
I want to do it every month!! Here is my wish for my Sister Angie and Owen!! 
I love you both!! XOXOXO Sara 

Marriage
My Wish for my Sister, and New Brother! 




This is just the beginning!! 


wedding, charleston wedding, matron of honor, Sister's wedding, Sara Stakeley, Sarastakeley.com, Bates wedding, Bucuren, beach house, vacation food, organic pizza , family tradition, blended family, love my job, paid vacation,
The KISS!! 



1 comment:

  1. It’s one of the best weddings I’ve seen so far! Everything seems amazing; from the preparation, the venue, and of course, the lovely couple! Your sister is very lucky to have found the man who will stand with her through all the odds she might face, and who would share the best of the days with her. Please send my best wishes to her. Thanks for sharing!

    Salvatore Berry @ At The Beach Weddings

    ReplyDelete