Sunday, April 27, 2014

Car trip Clean Snacks!! Let's Go on Vacation!!

Car-friendly Clean Cooler

Before I get into some clean snacks, I’d like to mention a few things:

- Decide your goals for vacation/trip.
Do you want to throw all caution to the wind? Would you like to keep your normal routine? Maybe mix it up with some indulgences and your normal? I’ve found that defining this goal at the beginning of vacation keeps me on track. It’s not for me to decide what you should do! Just remember that just because you are on vacation doesn’t mean that your calories are! Personally, I indulge a little bit but try to keep in line as much as possible.
- Try to get a workout (even if it’s a quick one) the morning before you leave in the car, or once you hit your destination.
All that sitting can take a toll on a body that’s used to moving! If you can’t get one in, then use your restroom stops to stretch, plus, I just feel like it sets the tone for the trip!
- My general rule of thumb? When you can eat well, do it. When you can’t, do the best you can.
There will be times for both on vacation! (Generally more for eating terrible!)
Charlotte wedding
Beach Wedding in the Park 
♥♥♥
We are headed for a 7 hour Drive to Charlotte tomorrow and a 3 hour jump to Charleston for the Wedding!! I will be with my clean eating crew (family) so it will be easier to stay on track! We planned out our meals ahead of time for each night! Will will go out too, but with a BIG family it can be tricky so we reviewed the menu online beforehand and I can ad it to my week. 
The wedding is covered! We got a natural organic local category and I tasted the food and it was AMAZING!! So now I can cheat with a wine or two!! LOL 
And I am not a fan of cake!! 
Clean Packing
Clean Packing


Included:
- Cut up mini cucumbers, red and yellow peppers, celery, strawberries, and frozen blueberries
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Individual Greek Yogurt Packages
- Packages of sliced apples and grapes
- Cheese Sticks
I also had another bag (not pictured) filled with things that didn’t need to be kept cold:
- Granola or Protein Bars (homemade Here is one to try!)
- Packets of almond/nut butter
- Almonds
- Food Should taste good chips (For my Hubby) 
Here are some other great options for vacation/travel friendly snacks that I’ve taken in the past:
- Shakeology in Ziploc baggie or single serving packets with a “to-go” container of almond milk/water and shaker bottle
- Individual servings of hummus
- Homemade Trail/Snack Mix 
And of course–lots and lots of water! It’s easy to make up your calories with drinks on trips, so try and keep a water bottle with you at all times! And I can't live without BUBBLES!! Love Deer Lakes :)
Keep in mind the refrigeration once you hit your destination. I
P.S. Don’t forget to pack plastic silverware, a bag for disposing trash while in the car, and napkins/wet wipes!
I’d love to get some ideas from you all! What are some car-friendly “clean” snacks that you take with you, either on vacation or in every day life?! (All of the snacks above are actually my “every day” snacks!)
s_bucuren@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment