Monday, March 31, 2014

A Easter Tradition!! From my Family to yours! Eat Clean Pickled Eggs!!

I have a busy APRIL so I an getting a JUMP START on this family Easter Tradition!!
Picked Eggs!!!
LOVE or HATE??
I love them!!



Easter approved 21 Day fix
Homemade Pickled Eggs


I remember growing up "you know the OLD way of thinking" that if I ate too many yolks that it was too fattening! But times have changed!! And I can have two for breakfast or snack!!
21 Day fix approved!! AWESOME!!
**Happy foodaholic dance**


Grandmas Helsel's recipe!!
She is not here with us on this earth but I know she smiles at me every time I make them!!


Sugar replacementsTOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + 24 hour chilling
MAKES: 12 servings

Ingredients

  • 5 cans (15 ounces each) sliced beets salt free organic                            
  • 24 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
  • 1 tsp sugar  I use Sucanat, Stevia (The green or brown liquid- not the refined white) Follow bag for serving replacement.                          
  • 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt
  • 2 large onions sliced thin 
    Healthy Salt
  • 1 bay leaf                         
  • organic cider vinegar (Fill to top 1 gallon glass jar)                            
                   

Nutritional Facts

1 serving equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.

Directions


Easter Tradition
Pickled BIG Jar Beets
  1. Drain beets, reserving 2 cans of juice  (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
  2.  Place beets, eggs, onions and beets LAYERED  in a 2-qt. glass jar.
  3.   Add vinegar to fill to top of  1 gallon glass jar
  4. Add you bay leaf                            
  5. Cover tightly, shake to mix and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.                            

Yield: 24 servings.
PCOS help

No comments:

Post a Comment