Saturday, February 1, 2014

What is a Online Support Group for Health and Fittness?? How does it work? Check this out and see!!

Do you ever wonder What the heck I mean by a closed online support group for motivation and support? Well here is one of the daily posts that I posted in the Challenge yesterday! We are on day 19 in the challenge and week three can be the hardest!! Your mind is fighting you!! You have worked so hard and others start to notice, but the DREADED SCALE!! Yes it doesn't budge!! It happens every time! In my two years experience I have seen it make or break my challengers!! I try to focus on it to give support to them in week three. This is a thread from yesterday and I wanted to share it here!! I love the support in a challenge group. Now each of them started as strangers and some don't even live in my area!! We are a family and the Challenge is magic when that happens!!!


I have a Dream
My Mission



This was my motivational morning Post:
- Each one of us are driven by different things, so today I want to know, "How important is the number on the scale to you?"- post below!

I have learned to only weigh myself once a week at the same time and first thing in the am. I weigh in on Monday and do the jean test (smaller size jeans/goal jeans) every Friday!! Your body weight fluctuates so much from day to day based on water, sodium and just life so I really encourage you not to step on each day! I also encourage you... to not let that drive how you feel. Let your body and your clothes tell the story!

-I have 2 quotes that made me think of my own impatience in my weight loss journey! I really struggled with not seeing immediate changes. I remember how painful it was each day to look in the mirror and sometimes not see anything different. But I had this faith that I was going to be different and the scale wasn't going to wreck me! I learned to only get on once a week! I literally had to talk myself out of stepping on it, but it was worth it because I learned how to control my eating and exercise harder to step on the scale to see results. If it didn't change, then I would not give up but do my research and change either my diet or the intensity of my workouts!!!



- Each one of us are driven by different things, so today I want to know, "How important is the number on the scale to you?"- post below!I have learned to only weigh myself once a week at the same time and first thing in the am. I weigh in on Monday and do the jean test (smaller size jeans/goal jeans) every Friday!! Your body weight fluctuates so much from day to day based on water, sodium and just life so I really encourage you not to step on each day! I also encourage you to not let that drive how you feel. Let your body and your clothes tell the story!-I have 2 quotes that made me think of my own impatience in my weight loss journey! I really struggled with not seeing immediate changes. I remember how painful it was each day to look in the mirror and sometimes not see anything different. But I had this faith that I was going to be different and the scale wasn't going to wreck me! I learned to only get on once a week! I literally had to talk myself out of stepping on it, but it was worth it because I learned how to control my eating and exercise harder to step on the scale to see results. If it didn't change, then I would not give up but do my research and change either my diet or the intensity of my workouts!!! :)





Here is the response in the closed Facebook group. Everyone agreed to let me share it here with you.
The more we can help the better!!
  • Jill~  The scale is my worst enemy. I let it define me. Always have. I'm on it first thing every morning, but am starting to rethink this as I've had a tough "scale" week this week. However, I see changes in my body. My clothes are fitting better, my muffin top is going away. I swear this morning I saw the beginning of a triceps muscle (it might have been the bathroom lighting, but I SWEAR I SAW IT! LOL).... I have more energy, and my mood is better. I credit this to the changes in my diet and exercise these last weeks. This is usually about the time (about a month into a new 'program') I would give up when I see the scale not moving or moving the wrong way! But I have faith & belief that I am literally changing 'from the inside out'. I am exactly where God wants me to be and I have to be patient, listen, learn, and stay the course in all areas of my life. I'm willing and able to put in the work and effort. I would like to be an example and inspiration to my friends, family, colleagues & strangers that if I can do it with my crazy schedule, anyone can. And it won't hurt anyone to feel good about myself in a bathing suit at the pool this summer.... I've really enjoyed interacting with all of you, and thank you for the continued encouragement and support. It really is helping me more than I can verbalize. I hope to meet you all in real life and give you a HUG!

  • Jerri~  I hate the scale! Hasn't moved much at all! But I'm sure the fudge doesn't help that. I have, however noticed that my belt is now on its last hole and I feel better in my pants, woohoo!!

  • Lori~ Jill you just gave me tears.........

           Me and the kids rocked out to T25 cardio! It was hard, but felt so good to break a sweat!




  • Lori~  Screw the scale thats how i feel about it!!! but im definitly writing this on my scale cause i am obsessed with weighing myself


  • Jill ~ I'm gonna try the once a week approach, and the jeans test Sara Stakeley. I think that will help me with my scale complex and focus on the more important things. I do take my measurements now, and that is a nice alternative to see progress when the scale isn't budging. We can start an SCREW The Scale' movement, Lori! We can do it.

  • Lori ~ lets do it!!

  • Hayley~ I get depressed when the scale doesn't move. So before this I would get on the scale once or twice a month?!?! I HATE it! But I do feel better about myself. I look at pictures from a couple months ago, and I feel that my features are a little more defined and not as "chubby". Lol. So I'm not gonna let it ruin me! I'm REALLY trying hard, and if my scale doesn't budge, than we're breaking up!!!! Stay strong everyone! You know that song "it's not about the money money money, we just wanna see the world dance". That what's going thru my head, "except it's not about the number number number, we don't need your number number number, we just wanna see the world dance, forget about what the scale says". I'm a dork, I know!!!

  • Karin ~ I love this

  • Jill ~Somebody tell me you see a tricep!!! Look right above where I'm pointing! Lmao! I made it B&W so you can see it better, or your eyes will think its there. Sorry. I got the sillies.

  • Lori ~ i see it!!!!

  • Sara Stakeley ~ I see it!!! And I see tank tops in your future!! Jill !!!

  • Teresa ~I totally see it!! Lol-too funny!!
    I've always been about the scale and I blame it on Weight Watchers. Not that I'm bashing them bc I think what they stand for is good, but their focus is the numbers on the scale. I did WW right before I got married (to lose the 10 vanity lbs) and after each of my kids. After doing it for that many years it's a hard habit to break!! In my head I know I'm healthier than I was last year at this time and the scale is way less than it was last year, but this is the first challenge that the numbers aren't just falling off and it's very frustrating!!! My Husband Dan put this on our scale for me today!!
    I hope my mind lets this really sink in!!!

  • Ann ~ The scale is a big deal for me. I actually just said to my mom yesterday that since Jan 6. My goal was to exercise at least 3 x week. I have exceeded this. But I look at the scale and feel disappointed. I need to remember my goal. To get my heart rate up and get healthy. But it's hard not to see the scale show improvement.


    • Kelly ~ Hopefully you took your measurements and if you didn't do it now! Last time I did a challenge I only lost three pounds but when I took my measurements it was over 19 inches from my body. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat but looks leaner. The pounds will come. Don't be frustrated. You are doing so well. You should be proud!

    • Jerri ~A friend told me that I look skinnier but my scale hasn't moved either. Its not always about the scale, but how u feel and getting tone. And u are definitely toning for sure!!

    • Sara Stakeley~  I agree!! I love this thread!! You all make me proud!! XOXO



  • Jill ~Lol! Thanks for humoring me!

  • Lori ~ good going Dan!!!

  • Karin ~I see it Jill!!!

  • Sara Stakeley~ Dan  you just earned yourself a GOLD STAR!!! That was the nicest thing you could do for your wife !!

  • Dan~ thanks Sara Stakeley

  • Sara Stakeley~ Teresa extra cardio for you tonight!!! LOL!

  • Teresa~  Lmao  Sara Stakeley!!!!


    Resolution Help

That is it!! I love the honesty and the encouragement in this thread!! And a little fun too!!
If you are on the fence and wondering if a online challenge can help you meet your health and fitness goals? I would love to Coach you and show you how!! I have Challenge groups forming now for February fill out this application to apply!!
~Sara Stakeley




HTML Forms powered by Wufoo

1 comment:

  1. Very good Post really i like any post talking about social support group. you can create support groups and share personal blogs. you shall search in Google and Wikipedia about that .... Thanks


    find a counselor

    ReplyDelete