Friday, February 7, 2014

Chicken Fingers and Fries (Eat Clean)



I was in search of some new clean eating groups on Facebook and came across this, "Clean  Eating family" Group.  The very first recipe I read was this one.  I felt like it was speaking right to me!! I have been trying to help some of my Mom's in my challenge group find kid friendly food. And this was loved by my 37 year old big kid Hubby so I am sure it will be a family winner for you as well!!  Definitely put this on your list of meals to make!!!

eat clean, Kid friendly, fun, Friday, easy recipe, lose weight, working mom, working women, fast food healthy, cravings, yummy,
Eat Clean, Kid friendly Chicken Fingers and Fries



Ingredients:
Ezekiel Bread
1/4 c parmesan cheese
Garlic powder
Onion Powder
Italian Seasoning
Egg whites
Sweet potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Low Sodium Season Salt
Directions:
Toast whole grain bread, break up into pieces and put in the food processor.  Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and any other spices that you like.   Process until fine.
Cut up chicken breast into strips.  Beat 4 egg whites, dip chicken in egg and then bread mixture.  
Bake on 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.  
For the home made fries I cut up sweet potatoes length wise into steak fry strips.  Then, put in a large ziplok bag.  Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Season Salt.  Shake with bag closed then lay on a baking sheet and cook until crispy or for 25 minutes.
For more help with recipes or meal ideas!! Like my page (click here) or send me a message s_bucuren@hotmail.com my help is Free and from the Heart!!

1 comment: