Monday, December 2, 2013

Diary of a foodAholic Week 4 !!

foodaholic, weekly meal plan, Sara Stakeley, baby steps, eat clean, substitutions, workout, wedding, busy mom, working mom, working women, get a plan, prep for the week, dinner, dinner ideas, stay on track, Holiday help,
Week Four
 
 
Here we are the week after a Holiday and I must say I didn't do to bad I watched my portions and followed the Holiday plan I posted for turkey day!! I did my workout in the morning and started cooking!! I had a shakeology shake on at my Moms so I would be less likely to pick while cooking!!  
foodaholic, weekly meal plan, Sara Stakeley, baby steps, eat clean, substitutions, workout, wedding, busy mom, working mom, working women, get a plan, prep for the week, dinner, dinner ideas, stay on track, Holiday help,



I decided to switch my daily workouts to Focus T25 for the busy Holiday season it is 25 minutes a day 5 days a week and before you know it is over and you got in a good workout for the day! I get up and it is the first thing on my to-do list for my day! I have a goal to lose 10 pounds this month and I have to have a plan in action that can fit my busy schedule!!  



foodaholic, weekly meal plan, Sara Stakeley, baby steps, eat clean, substitutions, workout, wedding, busy mom, working mom, working women, get a plan, prep for the week, dinner, dinner ideas, stay on track, Holiday help,



We also had a wedding over the weekend and you should of seen the cookie table (Italian wedding goodies) they had everything and even yummy popcorn to have as a treat!!
I was strong and allowed myself 1 cookie and no cake.

foodaholic, weekly meal plan, Sara Stakeley, baby steps, eat clean, substitutions, workout, wedding, busy mom, working mom, working women, get a plan, prep for the week, dinner, dinner ideas, stay on track, Holiday help,
For me the biggest thing is the drinks and I allowed myself two glasses of wine one with dinner and one after. The rest of the night I just got my butt on the dance floor and stuck to water!!
 
Anytime I have a event I always eat before at home the wedding started at 2:00 and we didn't eat dinner until 7:30!! I was thankful I thought ahead and ate lunch at home! I even packed a shake and my shaker cup with a bottle of water for the drive to the reception so I wasn't starving when we got to the venue!!

 
This brings me to this weeks topic!!
I think the most important thing you can do when trying to lose weight and get healthy is have a mental plan think ahead and have a back up plan!! I like to also plan for cravings and find was to substitute things I love so I am not tempted when a craving hits!!
I love food and ALL Food so I know that if I can find a way to re-create a cheat I can just have it all the time and not feel guilty after!!
Some of my favorite ways to indulge without the guilt are simple little changes that over time have just become the way I eat!!
 
foodaholic, weekly meal plan, Sara Stakeley, baby steps, eat clean, substitutions, workout, wedding, busy mom, working mom, working women, get a plan, prep for the week, dinner, dinner ideas, stay on track, Holiday help,
I love Greek yogurt I use it for everything!! I use it as a substitute for sour cream on a baked potato or in a recipe that calls for sour cream or as a dip!
I will make salads with cottage cheese instead of mayo and I love egg salad !!
Cauliflower is a great substitute for mashed potatoes or even a pizza crust!
I will add ground turkey to soups or meals that call for ground beef and beans or whole grains to chili instead of beef!!
You can use quinoa for EVERYTHING!! And I love to make this and add fun things veggies, herbs and even cheesy fix or for a healthier version of mac and cheese!  I will use oatmeal instead of bread crumbs for turkey meatballs and the list goes on and on!!
 
That is why I love the Eat clean diet it is easy to re create the things you love and just have them in a different way!! I set up my meal plan for this week and with all my black Friday holiday shopping online I will stick to my budget!! You can eat healthy and I have found it to save me money when I create a meal plan. I stick to my list when I am grocery shopping and buy fresh and package to freeze or flash freeze veggies for another day!
  
My Meal plan for the week is:
 
Monday: Chicken breasts baked with tomato basil quinoa salad   
Tuesday: Pecan Crusted Salmon with roasted root medley
Wednesday: Turkey Meatloaf  mashed sweet potatoes and salad  
Thursday: Spaghetti sauce (I made and froze) over whole wheat pasta and turkey meatballs
Friday: Pita Pizza with a Salad
Saturday: Crock Pot Day!! Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup and Salad
Sunday:   Cornish Hens Stuffed with Mushroom Quinoa *I will post this recipe this week*
 
I love homemade salad dressings if you have never tried to make your own you should it is super easy and really tasty here is my favorite:
 
foodaholic, weekly meal plan, Sara Stakeley, baby steps, eat clean, substitutions, workout, wedding, busy mom, working mom, working women, get a plan, prep for the week, dinner, dinner ideas, stay on track, Holiday help,
Homemade Garlic Dressing
 Creamy Garlic Dressing
(Makes 10 servings, about 2 Tbsp. each)
 
Ingredients
  • ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
  • ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)

Directions
  1. Place oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, salt, mustard, and honey in a blender or food processor; cover with lid. Blend until smooth.
  2. Refrigerate dressing if not using immediately. If dressing solidifies when cold, hold at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir before serving.

Nutrition
  • Calories: 119
  • Total Fat: 11 g
  • Saturated Fat: 1 g
  • Cholesterol: 0 mg
  • Sodium: 235 mg
  • Carbohydrate: 6 g
  • Fiber: 0 g
  • Sugar: 5 g
  • Protein: 0 g
 
I am all about the Food substitutions!! When you love all food you have to seek out ways to change what you love and fool your mind!!
Hope you are set and I have helped you with some really great substitutions tell me which ones you are going to try!!!! Message me for help with your menu s_bucuren@hotmail.com
 
Here's to a great week!! ~ Sara Stakeley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment