I made this dish for a recent get together with some family and it was delicious. You could even make this dish ahead of time and portion it out for the rest of the week for breakfast. Then you wouldn't be scrambling to make your healthy breakfast in the am. Just grab the container and go!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups low-fat or skim milk or soy milk
- 1/2 tsp best-quality vanilla
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit of your choice
- 1 large unpeeled MacIntosh apple, grated (apple should be firm)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Eat Clean Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 3 quart casserole dish or baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. If you are preparing this the night before don't add the liquid ingredients such as milk and grated apple until the morning.
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.