These breakfast burritos are hearty and perfect for people who want a warm, satiating breakfast without taking the time to cook every morning. I make a batch of these on Sunday for the week. My husband loves them. I make mine a little different then his and label the bag I put them in!! My Husband doesn't have to watch as closely as I do for his weight and he is a PE teacher that workouts everyday after he runs around with the kids at work so I want him to have a big breakfast!!
- 16 large wheat tortillas
- 12-13 eggs
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and diced (optional)
- 3 cups veggies of choice, diced (I've used zucchini, red pepper, onion & spinach)
- 8 slices of bacon (optional) for mine I go Bacon less and use 4 slices!! Hubby loves Bacon!!
- 3 cups shredded cheese of choice (pepper jack adds a lot of flavor) for mine I go cheese less so I use 1 1/2 cups of cheese!!
- 1 cup salsa ( I add a little hot sauce to mine once it is cooked to spice it up!!)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- foil and paper towels
- In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add potatoes and saute until brown (15 minutes). Pour into a bowl.
- Meanwhile cook bacon until crispy follow directions on package.
- Add diced veggies to the same pan used for the potatoes and saute until soft (5 minutes). Pour into a separate bowl.
- Add eggs to pan. Scramble and pour into separate bowl.
- Add salsa to scrambled eggs, mix well.
- Set up assembly station. Tear off a sheet of tinfoil the same size as your tortillas. Place a paper towel over it.
- Assemble ingredients on tortilla and roll up. Wrap up burrito in paper towel/foil. Repeat with all burritos.
- Freeze and eat within 3 weeks.
- To reheat, remove from freezer and remove tin foil, but not paper towel. Stick paper towel-wrapped burrito in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, until heated through. Enjoy!
|Make Ahead Breakfast|