Halloween week has arrived and we have one thing on our minds: pumpkins! We love them on our front porch and in our favorite recipes, but we also enjoy them on our faces. We’re talking about pumpkin face masks, ladies! I’ve got everything you need to know to recreate a spa quality facial at home.
|'Tis the season for fun fall spa |
Why pumpkin?Besides the fact that pumpkins are seasonally appropriate, they're also great for your skin. Pumpkins are rich in Vitamins A and C and various enzymes that help nourish and brighten skin. Who knew, right?
Pumpkin treatments are all the rage this season and Halo Salon and Spa is offering two different pumpkin-themed treatments: The PCA Pumpkin Peel and the Pumpkin Pedicure. Both treatments use similar ingredients to nourish the skin, and you can do a similar treatment at home for your face. I'll show you how!
DIY pumpkin facial mask recipe
- Pureed, cooked fresh no seeds or canned organic 100% pure pumpkin
- Unflavored Greek yogurt
- Ground almonds or Oatmeal if allergic to nuts
- Olive oil (Dry Skin)
- Cinnamon (Breakout prone skin) *Will tingle a little*
- Start by mixing 2 cups of pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin.
- Add 4 tablespoons unflavored yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey, 1/3 cup ground almonds or Oatmeal, 1/4 teaspoon olive oil (Dry) or Cinnamon (acne).
- Mix and
applyto clean, moist skin.
- The enzymes are more active when moist, so sit in a warm tub or shower for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove with a clean washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer and enjoy soft clean skin!
- Cover & Refrigerate the rest of the mixture and use within a week.
Let me know if you try it !! firstname.lastname@example.org