Monday, September 16, 2013

Greek yogurt home made Popsicle



I sometimes have a hard time watching my husband eat his ice cream desert every night after dinner!!
I try to eat 5 to 6 meals a day with the eat clean diet and I try to have something that is high in protein in the evenings to get me through the night!  

If I am craving something salty I will have edamame
and that seems to do the trick for a crunch and salty treat!!!
A 1-cup serving of the cooked beans has 17 grams of protein,
edamame contains 8 grams of fiber in every cooked cup. For a man, this is over 23 percent of his recommended daily intake; for a woman, it's 28 percent of her requirement per day!!
Sometime I even have egg whites since they are high in protein and keep me from feeling starving in the morning!!
 
 
 
But when that craving hits for something sweet and you are a ICE CREAM Fan!! Try this !!
Greek yogurt popsicle
 
 
Take a cup of Greek yogurt and follow these simple steps!!
Step 1. Buy Greek yogurt of your choice in a cup
Step 2. Cut a small slit in the top of foil on the cup
Step 3. Put a popsicle stick in the slit or a plastic knife or spoon (I had knives)
Step 4. Place in the freezer and wait till frozen
Greek yogurt popsicle
After the yogurt has frozen I left them in the freezer a day. You will need to run them under hot water a little to loosen up the yogurt from the sides of the container. Step 3 remove the foil and step 4 pop your healthy treat out of the container and ENJOY 18g of protein  !!
This is super easy and kid friendly too!!

If you would like more tips on how to eat healthy please feel free to send me a message s_bucuren@hotmail.com
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment