Ready for football season and have no idea what to make for your friends?? Try this!! I know it has a little BACON but it is worth it for guests !!
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth (could also use water)
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup raw shredded spinach (she used frozen but I only had raw which still worked)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (8 slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Rinse quinoa in a mesh strainer under cold running water. Add quinoa and chicken broth to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, place a lid on top and cook until broth is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove lid and let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350
degrees. In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Add cooked quinoa then stir to combine. Spray muffin tins very well with nonstick spray, then fill to the top with quinoa mixture, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let cool 5 minutes then take a spoon to go around the edges to pop out.