Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 6 mins
Keywords: grill entree lunch dairy-free gluten-free high protein low-carb low-fat nut-free low-sodium sugar-free shellfish zucchini pineapple Asian summer
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 18 medium scallops, thawed if previously frozen
- 1 zucchini
- about 1 cup pineapple, chopped into 1" chunks
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- zest of 1/2 lime
- a few pinches of dried chili flakes
- In a resealable bag, combine all ingredients except scallops, zucchini and pineapple
- Place the scallops in the bag, seal it, and allow them to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill and slice the zucchini into rounds just under 1cm thick.
- Once scallops have had time to marinate, dump them in a large bowl with all of the liquid in the bag, the zucchini, and the pineapple. Toss to coat.
- One skewer at a time, alternate threading scallops, pineapple, and zucchini rounds. You'll have enough for 3 scallops per skewer, with each serving being 3 skewers.
- Grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side, or until scallops are completely white. Continue basting with marinade as the skewers cook.
- Serve immediately, with lime wedges to garnish if desired.