We all struggle with finding the time to pack our healthy snacks everyday especially when you are on the go or have a full time job. Well you don't have to resort to vending machines and drive thrus. There is a way to stay on track and eat healthy while on the go. It just takes a little planning. I have outlined some healthy snacks and have created a video for you so that you can see exactly how I prep my weeks. I spend a few hours each week baking grilled chicken for wraps and salads, cutting up fruits and veggies and portioning it into baggies along with nuts and hummus to make a complete snack. The key to sustaining your energy and blood sugar all day long is to pair healthy complex carbs (fruits and veggies) with a protein (nuts, hummus, avocados, cottage cheese) at each meal. This prevents the crash in blood sugar which can lead to binging!
Here are all my prepared snacks!
I have included a list of some healthy snack ideas for you to use!
- 20 grapes and 1 low fat string cheese.
- 2 cupped handfuls of strawberries and a scant handful of raw unsalted cashews
- handful of carrots and cucumbers and 1 tbsp skinny hummus.
- 2 whole wheat rice cakes (no salt added) with 1 tbsp all natural pb (look at the label it should say dry roasted peanuts only) and 1 tbsp raisins on top
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt, 1orange cut up with 1 tbsp almonds. If its to tart for you add a tiny bit of honey or agave nectar.
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a handful of fresh berries.
- 1 banana with 1 tbsp all natural nut butter
- 1 apple with 1 tbsp nut butter or a handful of raw unsalted almonds.