Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!!


It's a Holiday and that can mean two things. Either you are excited to spend the day with family and friends or worried because you know not everyone eats the way you do. I found with the eat clean diet that people don't understand that you can eat healthy and it can taste good too !! I find that when I bring something to a party people are pretty surprised with my "diet food" !!
Support from friends and family can be hard when you are trying to eat healthy and clean so here are some of my tips to help you fool the hardest critics!!

1.Start your day with your workout!! You do it at home or if you are away take a walk!! This will set your focus and give you the energy to feel good about what you are doing and why it is important to you !!
 
2. Eat before you go!! That way you won't be tempted to over eat or eat socially while you at the event!! I will start my day and have a shake for breakfast and on my way to the party have another !! I will make sure to pack some clean snacks so I have them on hand in my cooler !!

3. Ask what can I bring? I always bring a fruit salad or veggie tray for snacking and I ask to bring a side dish. That way you can ask what will the main dish be without sounding annoying and you can pair your clean side with what is on the menu and even sneak in some veggie based protein if needed to complete your meal !! Today I am taking a Quinoa salad I made for a party last weekend and it was a hit !!
Little tip !! If you aren't sure about something being served a great way to ask "what is in that" is to say that is looks really good how did you make that !! This has worked in the past for me and when they tell you how you can judge by what it is and if you chose to eat it that way !!
 

4. Last but not least... It is a party so use this time to spend and enjoy family and friends!! It doesn't have to be all about the food!! Keep you mouth busy with good conversation!!
 
Have a Happy and Healthy 4th of July !!
XO Sara Stakeley

No comments:

Post a Comment