Try this!! It's a favorite in our house!
Avocado Alfredo with Shrimp & Zucchini Pasta
This recipe makes 2 servings, total time: 22 minutes. Cooking time: 7 minutes.
1/2 medium ripe avocado, mashed
1/4 c. reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper (divided use)
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder (divided use)
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder (divided use)
1/2 tsp. Greek Seasoning
Nonstick cooking spray
24 raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed (approx. 12 oz.)
4 medium zucchini, spiralized (approx. 4 cups)
4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1/2 c. diced Roma tomato
2 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
1. Combine avocado, yogurt, half the pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, and the Greek Seasoning in a medium bowl; combine well and set aside.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with cooking spray, over medium heat.
3. Add shrimp, season with remaining seasonings and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add the zucchini; cook stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are firm and opaque, and the mixture is heated through. Add in the diced tomatoes during the last minute. Drain excess liquid from skillet.
5. Stir in avocado mixture.
6. Evenly divide between two serving plates. Evenly top with grated cheese; serve immediately.
*NOTE: overcooking the zucchini will cause it to be a bit mushy. Take care to stir continuously as it cooks to avoid overcooking. Enjoy!